Welcome to Leavitt Funeral Home
Three generations of Leavitts have operated Leavitt Funeral Home. H.H.Leavitt opened the first funeral home in Anson County in McFarlan in 1914. The funeral home was relocated in Wadesboro in 1915. In March 1920, it was moved again, to the upstairs of the Smith Building in the 100 block of South Rutherford Street.
A fire in 1922 necessitated still another move to the J.S.Teal Building on 108 West Martin Street. On June 18, 1935, the funeral home was moved to 101 West Martin Street, where it operated until June 1997, when it moved to its Morven Road location.